I know, I know, when you think of Panda Express you don’t think of yummy; or maybe you do? My daughter brought this recipe home from her cooking class at school and I have made it several times. It is a simple and delicious version of chow mien.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS brown sugar, packed
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 package refrigerated Yakisoba noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery. sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (heaping) shredded cabbage
Combine soy, garlic, sugar and pepper in a bowl, set aside. Pierce noodles (all 3) and microwave for 1 minute. Loosen noodles and rinse in colander; place aside. Heat oil in wok or skillet. Add onion and celery until wilted (3-4 min) then add cabbage until soft and heated (2-3 min). Add noodles and soy mixture until all is well heated and mixed. Enjoy!