I realize summer is over. However, I am still going to share this recipe I found over the summer because I want it in my archives for easy access. Also, you might like it as well. Super easy to make and great for leftovers. I found it on one of my favorite recipe websites. http://www.simplyrecipes.com.
- 1 15-oz can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine (3/4 cup), soaked in water to take away the sting, discard water before adding
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine (1 cup)
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Mix all the beans, celery, onion, parsley and rosemary. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat. Chill for several hours.