I am posting more vegetarian dishes because it seems as though my daughter is serious about this no meat business. Being a vegetarian myself for nine years, off and on, I understand where she is coming from and I am trying to make new dishes to keep her fed and healthy. Here is a good one for the summer that was found in Martha Stewart’s Living magazine.
- 8 oz penne pasta (recipe calls for whole wheat but you can use what ever you prefer of course)
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 8 oz wax beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 6 oz peas (1 1/4 cups) recipe calls for frozen but we used fresh from the Farmer’s Market
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced (2 TBS)
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest, plus 1 TBS fresh juice
- 1 cup packed cilantro, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 6 minutes, add beans, cook until pasta and beans are al dente, 4 to 5 more minutes. Add peas and immediately drain. Run cold water over pasta and vegetables until completely cool, drain and transfer to a bowl.
In a small skillet, heat oil, add garlic until golden, 1-2 minutes, Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and juice. Combine with pasta and salt and pepper to taste, toss cilantro in and serve or refrigerate.
One thought on “Pasta Salad with Peas and Summer Beans”
Just posted the same wonderful dish! Great minds think alike. 😉