- Sweet potatoes (the amount depends on how many people you are cooking for)
- 2 jalapenos (1 to pickle and 1 for the salsa)
- 2 red onions (1 for fajitas and 1 for the salsa)
- 2 long green peppers, core and thinly sliced
- 2 tomotoes
- Pepper jack cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 3 limes
- Sour cream
- Tortillas (flour or corn, whichever you prefer)
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp white sugar + 1/2 tsp for pickled jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Make the fajitas first: Adjust your oven rack to top position and heat to 425 degrees. Cut sweet potato into 1/2 inch thick wedges, place in a bowl and drizzle with oil and all spices listed. Roast until tender and lightly crisped 30-40 minutes.
Make the pickled jalapeños: Thinly slice the jalapeños into rounds, place in small bowl and add juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp sugar with a pinch of salt, set aside.
Make the veggies: Heat some oil in a pan and add 1 onion and green pepper, both thinly sliced. Cook until softened and lightly charred. Season with salt and pepper
Make the salsa: chop the tomatoes, cilantro, 1 diced onion, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper and chopped jalapeño for heat.
Add the zest of a lime and squeeze some lime juice into sour cream
Heat your tortillas and enjoy.